SEO Case Study of Accountancy Software
73% Growth in Organic Traffic in 3 months
Table of Contents
About the Client
Accountancy Software are a team of professional Accountants, Bookkeepers and IT Specialists with real, practical knowledge providing professional support and training for all QuickBooks & Sage 50 Users in Ireland. They provide Consultation and advice to the selling and setting up of the software, followed by training and support if required. Their software Training is offered with an accountant, both on site training or in their Dublin office.
After a phone call with Ash, I produced a FREE SEO report on their website. Some of the key issues Web Clare identified from the SEO audit Report include:
- Page loading speed – the homepage was taking too long to load over 4G network according to Google which is considered slow
- Some of the website pages weren’t optimised to hit the high volume keywords
- Website visitors had dropped off considerably in 2018 due to other website changes
- They were relying on Google Ads to bring increased traffic to the website
- The Website audit report idenified a number of issues such as
- Broken Links
- Duplicate page titles
- Empty Meta Descriptions
- Some missing alternative text for images
SEO Strategy Steps
By taking the below steps and some others, Web Clare worked with Ash in Accountancy Software to grow organic visitors. The main focus was on the on-site SEO for the first 2 to 3 months.
Key to the quick results on the SEO, was the quick responses from the client. Especially when new or updated content was required. The main challenge with SEO for this client is that they were going up against multinational companies that were providing the same products.
Breakdown of the main SEO Tasks
- Keyword Research on the main search phrases that potential website visitors are typing into Google to ensure that content produced is relevant to the top keywords.
- Setup monitoring to track the current keyword rankings and to view their changes. This report is also accessible by the client to see real time results of the rankings.
- Google Analytics setup with monthly reporting and identified some key goals to enable tracking.
- Access and optimise the Google My Business listing to help with Local SEO. As the client was based in Dublin which has the majority of its potential client base, optimising this listing was crucial for Local SEO. Setup link for Google reviews and guidance on how to respond to the reviews to help rankings.
- Reduce the loading time on their website for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Identify content gaps for the main keywords that Accountancy Software wished to rank for. The client provided additional content based on these results. This varied from updating pages, updating blog posts, additional new pages to target keywords and providing an FAQ.
- Content strategy for SEO – ensuring that the client would create content directly targetting keywords
- Resolve website audit issues. This included putting in redirects where appropriate for broken links.
- Competitor Analysis -We identified the main keywords that their main competitors were ranking for. This highlighted some content gaps on Accountancy Software website.
- Building links from suitable relevant websites – some high quality links from website citations in month 3.
- Content review of their digital marketing and some guidance was given to better interact with their clients.
SEO Case Study Results
These were the amazing results after just 3 months SEO.
73% Growth in Organic Search Visitors in 3 months.
Growth in organic visitors reduces the requirement for Google Ads. Also reduces your competitors ranking and amount of visitors by ranking higher than them.
Main Keywords Ranking 2nd behind the Multinational supplier in Ireland.
Top 2 postitions for 3 main keywords – the top positions get the larger share of visitors compared with lower ranked companies.
Total Keyword Rankings after 3 Months
The client had 3 main keywords with a monthly search volume of over 5,000. There were 15 main keywords on the first page of Google and 24 within the first 2 pages of Google.
|Top 3||Top 10||Top 20||Average Searches*|
* Average monthly search volume on the top 2o keyword rankings.